In the News...
- The department welcomes Dr. Maura Scott, Dr. Martin Mende, Mr. Jim McLaughlin and Mrs. Samantha Jahnke to the FSU Marketing family.
- The department is pleased to announce the creation of a retailing management major that will be coming soon.
- Congratulations to doctoral students Jeremy Wolter and Todd Bacile for their recent placements at Auburn University and Loyola New Orleans.
- Congratulations to John Peloza, Mike Brady, Leff Bonney, and Mike Brusco for their recent publications in the Journal of Marketing.
- Congratulations to Maura Scott and Martin Mende for their recent publication in the Journal of Marketing Research.
War Paint for Today's Business World
Welcome to the Department of Marketing — home to the most interesting, challenging, and important topics in business education. Virtually every aspect of business entails marketing in some form. Marketing involves the creation and delivery of exceptional value by fulfilling the needs and wants of a variety of different groups (customers, shareholders, business partners, society at large), as well as the needs of the organization itself. Marketing draws from psychology, sociology, economics, and elsewhere to better understand the basic needs and motivations of these groups, whether they are the organization's customers (typically considered the most critical), its employees, or its stakeholders.
Our programs in Marketing, Professional Sales and (forthcoming) Retail Management are built around this dynamic, relationship-centered approach to marketing. Our undergraduate programs offer a challenging curriculum designed to prepare students for exciting careers in a variety of marketing fields. Students in our Master of Science (MSM) program take on a 360-degree view of the firm to learn how today’s organizations develop, manage, and protect their most valuable asset: their reputation. Our doctoral program stresses both the theoretical and the applied nature of marketing, and it boasts one of the highest student publication rates in the nation. In short, through our world-class programs and faculty, we pursue excellence and innovation in the classroom, in our research, and in our service to students and the community at large.
Welcome to a school that can supply you with the best marketing tool of all – your education.