In the News...
- Linda Price (University of Arizona) and Rich Lutz (University of Florida) visited with us in the fall semester as part of our Wachovia distinguished scholars series. Ron Hill (Villanova University) and Tom Steenburgh (University of Virginia) will visit with us this spring semester.
- The department welcomes Dr. Maura Scott and Dr. Martin Mende to the FSU Marketing family.
- The department is pleased to announce the creation of a retailing management major to be launched in the fall semester, 2013.
- Congratulations to doctoral students Jeremy Wolter and Todd Bacile for their recent placements at Auburn University and Loyola New Orleans.
- Congratulations to John Peloza, Mike Brady, Leff Bonney, and Mike Brusco for their recent publications in the Journal of Marketing.
- January 7, 2013 – Spring semester begins
- January 24-25, 2013 - Wachovia Scholars Series welcomes Dr. Ron Hill (Villanova University)
- February 1-3, 2013 – Southeast Marketing Symposium, Louisiana State University
- March 11-15 – Spring Break
- April 29-May 3 – Final Exam week
War Paint for Today's Business World
Welcome to the Department of Marketing — home to the most interesting, challenging, and important topics in business education. Virtually every aspect of business entails marketing in some form. Marketing involves the creation and delivery of exceptional value by fulfilling the needs and wants of a variety of different groups (customers, shareholders, business partners, society at large), as well as the needs of the organization itself. Marketing draws from psychology, sociology, economics, and elsewhere to better understand the basic needs and motivations of these groups, whether they are the organization's customers (typically considered the most critical), its employees, or its stakeholders.
Our programs in Marketing, Professional Sales and Retail Management are built around this dynamic, relationship-centered approach to marketing. Our undergraduate programs offer a challenging curriculum designed to prepare students for exciting careers in a variety of marketing fields. Students in our Master of Science (MSM) program take on a 360-degree view of the firm to learn how today’s organizations develop, manage, and protect their most valuable asset: their reputation. Our doctoral program stresses both the theoretical and the applied nature of marketing, and it boasts one of the highest student publication rates in the nation. In short, through our world-class programs and faculty, we pursue excellence and innovation in the classroom, in our research, and in our service to students and the community at large.
Welcome to a school that can supply you with the best marketing tool of all – your education.