Master of Science in Marketing (MSM)
Become an expert in corporate reputation management with a Master of Science in Marketing (MSM). Students in our innovative program take on a 360-degree perspective of the firm to learn how today’s organizations develop, manage and protect their most valuable asset – their reputation.
There are two paths to complete an MSM degree: 1) A one-year, standalone master’s degree program for incoming graduate students; 2) A combined bachelor’s/master’s degree program for top undergraduate students in the Marketing or Professional Sales majors.
Post-baccalaureate students entering the MS program will apply for admission through the university and the Graduate Programs office within the College of Business. These students will be expected to meet the following admission requirements:
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA
- Minimum score of 530 on the GMAT
- Minimum TOEFL score of 600 on the written examination, or 100 on the Internet-based examination, or 7.0 on the IELTS, taken within the last two years, if applicable.
Given the limited class size, it is likely that most students who are admitted to the program will have credentials considerably above the specified minimums.
Combined BS/MS program
The combined BS/MS in Marketing program is designed for academically strong undergraduate students. This five-year program allows up to 12 credits of coursework to be dually counted toward both the BS and the MS degrees. An undergraduate student wishing to enroll in the combined program must apply through the Department of Marketing and the MSM Program Director. These students must meet the following criteria to apply for the combined program:
- Completion of at least 90 credits at Florida State University with a minimum 3.0 overall GPA
- Completion of at least 6 credits of Marketing or Professional Sales courses at Florida State University
- Minimum 3.2 GPA in all business courses
- Certified eligibility from the Office of the University Registrar (a required form)
- Transfer students must have completed at least 24 credits at FSU with the same minimum GPA requirements.
Undergraduate marketing or professional sales students may apply as early as the second semester of their sophomore year. If accepted, they should take the GMAT at the end of their junior year and apply to the graduate school during the first semester of their senior year.
For information on how to apply for the Combined Bachelor’s/Master’s Program, please register your interest.
For more information on either MSM program, please contact the Graduate Programs Office
View the brochure.