Our Goal: To equip College of Business students with the skills they need to succeed in their life and career.
Internships provide a great opportunity for students to gain work experience and make connections with professionals in their field prior to graduating. The FSU College of Business Internship and Career Services Program aims to facilitate internships for students with industry professionals to provide real-world experience and on-the-job training.
Our services are only offered to CURRENT College of Business students.
What is an internship?
The National Association of Colleges and Employers defines an internship as:
An internship is a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths; and give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent.
What can I expect to gain from an internship?
- Learning experience that combines the knowledge gained in the classroom with practical skills used in the workforce
- Skills and knowledge that transfer across the industry to other employment settings
- Clearly defined goals and objectives that relate to a student's professional development in their field of choice
- Supervision by a professional with expertise in the field of experience
- Routine feedback by an experienced supervisor
- Resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the employer that help further the student's education and professional goals
Are there any on-campus events where I can learn more about internships or career opportunities?
The FSU College of Business provides multiple opportunities throughout the year for students to network and learn the basics of professional conduct. Please check the link regularly for upcoming events in order to enhance your chances at securing an internship in the future. Click here for the Events Calendar