Internship Benefits for Employers
- Cost effective way to recruit and evaluate/assess potential permanent employees
- Short-term work force without a long-term commitment (seasonal and special project staffing)
- Permanent staff freed up for more important and creative assignments
- Management experience for supervisors/mentors who direct the intern's work activities
- Opportunity to evaluate (6-12 week job interview) student job candidates before offering permanent employment
- Best source of new permanent employees
- Higher retention rates for employees with company internship experience
- Source of new ideas and fresh approach to problem solving, critical thinking, communications, etc.
- Highly enthusiastic, capable, motivated, and low-cost employees
- On-campus student (public relations) ambassadors for your company
- Company name recognition and visibility increased on-campus
Bringing an intern into your organization can be a very rewarding experience and many companies are beginning to recognize the value of adding an intern program to their human resources pool. At Florida State University's College of Business, we have hundreds of talented and energetic young professionals eager for an opportunity to learn in the real world classroom.
In today's economy, a conservative approach to finding quality employees can mean hiring an intern. Employers, just like your company, are finding that interns are a great way to train entry level employees without the associated costs of recruitment and long-term commitment. Interns are a great way to determine if someone is a good fit for your company with no risk.
Please call us today and let's work together to find the perfect intern who could very well become your next great employee!